The Smith Insurance Group Inc. of Sandy, UT is ready to provide you with a quote or answer any questions you may have.
Insurance on your bike is as important to your protection while driving as all your safety gear. It pays for repairs, medical bills for injuries sustained, and replacement costs. Without this coverage, you would pay out of pocket for these things.
Most states, including Utah, require motorcycle insurance. Without it can result in hefty fines and, in some cases, the loss of your license. Here are some types of coverage that are recommended.
- Liability coverage – it helps pay for costs resulting from damage or injury to another person if you are at fault.
- Medical payments and personal injury protection – this coverage will help you pay for your own medical costs and provide personal injury protection for more coverage. Optional personal injury protection can help pay for lost wages, childcare, and other related expenses during recovery.
- Passenger coverage – Anyone riding with you will not have to worry about medical payments resulting from injury if an accident occurs.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage – help pay for damage done to your property. Collision covers the cost of repairing or replacing the motorcycle if involved in an accident. Comprehensive offers the same protection if a non-collision event occurs such as theft, fire, or weather event. Your bike is protected even when parked on your property.
- Breakdown coverage – this optional coverage pays for certain repairs to your motorcycle. Similar to an extended warranty, it pays for engine, transmission, and other maintenance repairs.
- Roadside assistance and towing – this coverage will have your motorcycle towed to the nearest shop. It also covers flat tires, battery failure, and mechanical or electrical failures, and provides free delivery of fuel, oil, or water if needed.
If you are a motorcycle rider, do not be caught without this insurance. The Smith Insurance Group Inc. of Sandy, UT can help you obtain the protection you need. Contact our team today.